Top 5 must have PC games for Q1 2014
We all like lists right? There is a reason why there are so many “Top #” things out there. So lets have another! There have been plenty of great games released already this year but not all have been huge release spectacles. Here are the top 5 games of Q1 (January – March) 2014 for the PC that I think everyone should have a look at. Counting down from #5 to #1;
– Loadout, the free to play shooter death match game, developed by Edge of Reality, was released on January 31 2014. The games main point is to blow $#!T and eachother up with thousands of customizable weapons such as rocket launchers and tesla guns. I have a full review on the game and below is a video of the ‘Death Snatch’ game mode. Give it a try, it’s free and it’s fun!
4. South Park: The Stick of Truth
– This role-playing game, developed by Obsidian Entertainment and released by Ubisoft, is based on the animated television series. The Stick of Truth follows the new kid (you), who has moved to the fictional Colorado town of South Park. You meet up with notable characters such as the boys (Cartman, Butters, Stan, Kenny, and Kyle) You engage in an epic fantasy war in which everyone is fighting for The Stick Of Truth. The game escalates from there threatening the entire town with destruction! Pick up The Stick of Truth for $59.99 or less here
3. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
– Another free to play game, this collectible card game (CCG) developed by Blizzard Entertainment, was released on March 11 2014. The game revolves around turn-based online 1v1 matches through Blizzards battle.net. There are multiple game modes each offering slightly different gaming experiences. Players start with a basic deck but you can gain more advanced cards through micro-transactions with real money or in game gold or as rewards for competing in the arena. With 10 million player accounts worldwide as of May 2014, this game is a definite hit.
2. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
– The first expansion of the Diablo 3 game, Reaper of Souls continues where Diablo 3 left off. This expansion adds more to the storyline of Diablo 3 (a fifth act), adds a new character class (the Crusader), and adds a new game mode alongside the campaign mode called “Adventure Mode”. This new mode allows players to free roam the entire world and take on random bounties and dungeons. The expansion raises the level cap to 70 (from 60) and adds new skills, runes and passives for all characters. If you are a fan of the Diablo series, I highly suggest picking this up, especially if you have Diablo 3. It seems wrong to not get it if you have the original D3. For those who don’t, and want to try Diablo 3, you can get a starter edition at battle.net or you can get the full game and the full expansion.
And finally, our #1 game release for Q1 2014 is…….
– Developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by EA, it was released on March 11 2014. The game revolves around the player piloting their mech Titan going around outer space colonies and fighting in a six-on-six battle. The game is a shooter style game played in the first person perspective. The game is only played online in a multiplayer setting, but there are singleplayer elements to it in which you learn about the plot, characters and such. There is no split screen mode but you can play over LAN. The game just depicts warfare and it is absolutely fun to play. Titanfall took over 60 awards at E3 2013 and scores highly to the majority of critics. If you want to beat up other titans, this is the game for you. Pick up the standard edition for $59.99 USD or less here, or the deluxe edition for $79.99
Of course, there are more than the 5 games released in Q1 2014 that are worthy of playing. Here are the honorable mentions that I think should be considered.
Do you have a game that you think should be in the top 5? Post in the comments below!
Dungeon Keeper – Free on Origin
Overview Genre: Action, Strategy Release Date: June 25, 1997 Rating: Mature Publisher: Electronic Arts Developer: BullfrogRead More
Ark: Survival Evolved Araneo Skin Paint Template
Just wanting to share a couple of paint templates I made for Ark. It’sRead More